Instructions for Session Chairs
- The Invited Speaker/s will most likely be seated in the first row of the hall and will make their way to the lectern on stage when it is their time to present.
- A technician will also be present in the hall at the AV table to assist with all technological features taking place during the session. Notify them immediately of any equipment problems.
- If you are chairing an oral abstract session, you will be asked to score each presentation on:
- Scientific Value & Relevance
Start of the Session
- Welcome the audience in the hall and those joining online
- Introduce yourself and your co-chair by name and affiliation
- Explain to onsite attendees they have the option to approach the microphone to ask their questions
During the Session
- Introduce the speaker/s and presentation title as indicated in the Conference App (note there could be last minute changes)
- Please follow the schedule closely and gently interrupt speakers if they exceed the allocated time for their lecture
Instructions for Moderators of E-poster Discussion Sessions can be found here.
- If a speaker fails to attend the session, move to the next speaker
- If the session ends early, please solicit questions from the audience and lead a discussion
To End the Session
- At the end of the session, kindly thank the presenters, the onsite and online audiences for their participation.