Abstract submission and guidelines
The abstract submission is open until
Tuesday, 3 October 2023 23:59 CEST
|Abstract Submission Deadline||Tuesday, 3 October, 2023 midnight CEST (23:59)|
|Abstract Notifications*||November 2023|
*Note all efforts are made to send notifications by the planned date. Should there be any delays with the selection process, the revised date will be posted here.
In the abstract submission system, you choose one of the types below which best describes the nature of your abstract.
- Type 1: Scientific Research Abstract
- Type 2: Clinical Case
- Type 3: Nurse Research Abstract
Please read the submission rules before submitting an abstract.
- Abstracts must be submitted online via the website only.
ABSTRACTS SUBMITTED BY EMAIL WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Abstracts Type: Abstracts may be submitted as Scientific Research Abstract, Clinical Case or Nurse Research Abstract.
- Presentation Type: Abstracts may be submitted for oral or poster presentation.
The Scientific Committee will determine whether the abstract will be accepted for presentation, with consideration given to the author’s preference.
- Abstracts must be received by the announced deadline. Abstracts received after the deadline will not be considered.
- The same person may submit unlimited abstracts regardless of presenting author.
- The same person may serve as presenting author on up to 3 abstracts.
- Presenting authors must be registered participants. Only abstracts of authors who have paid their registration fees by the Early Registration Deadline Tuesday, 12 December 2023 will be scheduled for presentation and included for publication.
- Submission of an abstract acknowledges your acceptance for the abstract to be published in the official Congress publications.
- The presenting author is required to ensure that all co-authors are aware of the content of the abstract and agree to its submission, before submitting the abstract.
- Previously Presented/Published Policy: Abstracts should contain original material that has not been published at the time of submission. In addition, abstracts should not be submitted to international meetings which take place before ICE 2024. However, abstracts in preliminary form submitted to, or presented at, national or regional meetings will be considered.
- All abstracts should be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication.
- Disclosure of Conflicts of Interest: Abstract submitters will be required to disclose any conflict of interest in the submission form.
- Instructions for the preparation of presentations will be made available on the Congress website.
- Publication Embargo: ISE 2024 has an embargo policy on all abstracts submitted to the Congress. The embargo will be lifted on:
- Oral Presentations*: Abstracts selected for oral presentation are embargoed from the time of submission until the conclusion of the presentation at the Congress. The ISE reserves the right to adjust the embargo as needed.
- Poster Presentations*: Abstracts selected for poster presentation are embargoed from the time of submission until the end of the Congress.
- Published Only*: Abstracts selected for Published Only are embargoed from the time of submission until the end of the Congress.
*Authors transfer copyright to the congress on submission.
*Authors are allowed to reproduce content from their submitted/accepted abstracts at a local national meeting in the immediate 6 months prior to the congress.
Before you begin, please prepare the following information:
- Presenting author’s contact details:
-Full first and family name(s)
– Email address
– Affiliation details: department, institution / hospital, city, state (if relevant), country
– Phone number
- Author and co-authors’ details.
- Abstract type: Scientific Research Abstract, Clinical Case or Nurse Research Abstract.
- Preferred presentation type: Oral or Poster.
- Abstract title – must be in UPPER CASE and limited to 25 words. Please submit symbols as words.
- Abstract text – limited to 400 words including acknowledgements. Please note: word count is affected when tables are included.
- Abstract topic – select the abstract topic as per the list of topics.
- Images– The maximum file size of each image is 500 KB. The maximum pixel size of the graph/image is 600(w) x 800(h) pixels. You may upload images in JPG, GIF or PNG format.
- Abstracts should clearly state:
Background and aims
- Use only standard abbreviations. Place special or unusual abbreviations in parentheses after the full word the first time it appears.
- Use generic names of drugs. The presentation must be balanced and contain no commercial promotional content.
- To preserve the peer review process, submissions may not contain patient names, hospital ID numbers or other identifying information in the body of your abstract.
- The submission form allows you to store your abstract as a DRAFT until the deadline. After the deadline if not submitted, drafts will be deleted.
- Click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the process in order to submit your abstract. Changes will not be possible to your abstract after it is submitted.
- You will receive an abstract ID number via email after you have submitted your abstract. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract.
- Please contact us if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been submitted.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
During abstract submission you will be asked to confirm that you agree to the following:
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes the consent of all authors to publication (e.g. Conference website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that no part of the information and content provided by him/her (Hereafter: the “Content“) to the International Society of Endocrinology (ISE) and Kenes International Organizers of Congresses SA and its affiliates (together: the “Organizers“), nor the publication of any such Content by each of the Organizers, on the internet or otherwise infringes any third party rights, including but not limited to privacy rights and/or intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants each of the Organizers the license and right to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content or any part thereof, in any manner and on any platform or media whatsoever, in each Organizer’s absolute discretion, on a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive basis.
- I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the presenting author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The presenting author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract. The submitting author may request to be copied on the abstract correspondence.
- I understand that the presenting author must be a registered participant.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from publication and/or presentation an abstract which does not comply with the above.
- I understand that I must select a specific Theme, Topic and/or Sub-Topic for my abstract allocation. Although the Committee will work hard to honour this selection, this cannot be guaranteed. The Committee reserves the right to change the Theme, Topic or Sub-Topic under which the abstract was originally submitted.
- I confirm to have received the consent of all authors for the processing of their contact details by Kenes and the Organizers.
For any questions, please contact us via the form here.