Instructions for Oral Presentations
Thank you for presenting at the 21st International Congress of Endocrinology (ICE 2024).
This page is designed to prepare you for your Oral Presentation at ICE 2024. Please visit the page regularly for updates on technical requirements, deadlines and general information.
Who are these guidelines for?
- Invited speakers in Plenary and Workshop sessions.
- Presenting authors of abstracts selected for Oral Presentation.
Please refer to the scientific programme for further details on your session type.
How to view your schedule?
The preliminary program at a glance can be viewed on the Conference’s website HERE.
To view your entire schedule, please access the general search and search for your last name.
All the sessions in which you are involved will appear, including the session title, date and time. Please make sure to check the online program regularly for updates as changes may occur.
As an Invited Speaker or Oral Presenter, you will need to:
Present your lecture or abstract onsite
Invited Speakers and Oral Presenters are expected to attend the Congress in person and present their lecture or abstract at the Conference venue in their allocated session. If you will not be able to travel to Dubai, please contact the Congress Organizers at ICE24@kenes.com as soon as possible.
Register for the Congress
A link was emailed to you with the registration instructions. Please refer to the email for further details. If you cannot find it, please check your spam box as well and contact us at ICE24@kenes.com as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT: Abstract presenters who have not completed their registration will be removed from the scientific program.
Registration can be completed HERE.
Complete a Conflict of Interest Disclosure Form
Filling the Conflict-of-Interest Form is mandatory in accordance with the CME/CPD compliance requirements. The Form was already sent out via email from the ICE 2024 Congress Organizers. If you have not yet received the form, please check your spam folder first, and email us at email@example.com.
Complete a Publication Consent Form
The Consent Form is completed online in your profile area and is mandatory for all presenters and moderators at the Congress. An email has already been sent with your login details and further instructions on completing the form. If you have not received the form yet, please check your spam folder first, and email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submit short biography and photograph (headshot) for the interactive programme and virtual platform
Please submit a photo and short biography to allow the Congress attendees to get better acquainted with your professional background before attending your session. The upload of this information is completed online in your profile area. An email has already been sent with your login details and further instructions on completing the speaker profile. If you have not received this communication yet, please check your spam folder first, and email us at email@example.com.
PowerPoint Presentation Guidelines
PLEASE NOTE: In compliance with CME/CPD requirements all speakers and oral presenters are requested to disclose any conflicts of interest.
- The first slide of your presentation must be your name and presentation title.
- The second slide should be the disclosure slide. If you have nothing to disclose, please add “No Disclosures”. You can download a template HERE.
- We recommend that you label all slides that include unpublished data with a title: “UNPUBLISHED DATA – DO NOT COPY OR DISTRIBUTE”.
Onsite Presentation Slides Upload
- You can bring your slides to the Speakers’ Ready Room on a USB stick. The Speakers’ Ready Room location and hours will be posted here closer to the Congress.
- You are asked to only use the Congress computers in the session halls for presentation purposes. The Congress will not be able to support lecture slides presented on personal computers.
- Please note that your slides must be finalized and ready on the day of your session.
- Please upload your presentation slides in the Speakers’ Ready Room as soon as you arrive at the venue in the morning and at least 2 hour before the start of the session.
- If you combine video clips with PowerPoint, please make sure to test it in Speakers’ Ready Room during a coffee or lunch break prior to your session and at least 2 hours before the start of the session. In the Speakers’ Ready Room for your session, please check with the technician if the sound and picture from the video are transmitted well and repeat the test again during the break before your session in the session hall to avoid technical issues.
Presentation Layout and Ratio
- Format: Your presentation should be prepared in .PPT or .PPTX format.
- Ratio: Please note that the congress computers in the session Halls are supplied with Office 2019 (at least) and the native ratio of the projection on the screens in the Halls is 16:9.
- Presentation tips: For further tips and recommendations for your presentation, please click HERE.
Important for MAC users
To use MAC presentations on a PC compatible computer, please note that you need to prepare your presentation according to the instructions below, before taking it to the Speakers’ Ready Room:
- Convert it to PowerPoint or PDF.
- Use a common font, such as Arial, Times New Roman, Verdana etc. (Special characters might be changed to a default font on a PowerPoint-based PC).
- Insert the images as JPG. The following file types will NOT be visible on a PowerPoint based PC – TIF, PNG or PICT.